There are few things more frustrating than trying to find a well-fitting undershirt. I have a friend who still maintains a collection of ratty old shirts (no longer made) more than a decade old just because he hasn’t found a replacement. Until now…
A few things:
- If you’re not wearing an undershirt with most shirts, you should really start. It is required attire under a dress shirt and for most shirts that aren’t t-shirts.
- Why? They soak up perspiration, body oils, deodorant, etc. keeping your outer shirt clean and dry.
- Most undershirts are awful. They fit like a refrigerator box and shrink shortly after washing. You end up with a shirt that is short and wide, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what you want.
These shirts are the holy grail. They are long so they stay tucked in, no matter what. They have a ribbed cotton version that’s a little heavier and perfect for winter. They have super thin moisture-wicking shirts perfect for summer.
They are American-made. They cost more than Hanes but far less than really high-end shirts. They are durable and wash/dry well (that means without shrinking). They have excellent customer service.
Two tips for wearing your undershirts properly:
- In most cases, v-neck is best. You don’t want your undershirt showing up under your shirt if you can help it.
- Grey is the best color. Why? Wear grey under a white dress shirt and you won’t see the undershirt. It blends with your skin tone to be virtually invisible. Wear a white undershirt though, and your undershirt will stand out harshly under your dress shirt.
I’ve bought more undershirts than I care to admit. From now on, RibbedTee.com is the only undershirt I’m buying. You should take advantage of my research and switch over now.
TL;DR: RibbedTee.com makes the best undershirts. Buy grey v-neck shirts.
Note: Once again, I received no compensation for this post. I do love those shirts, though.
H/T: The Undershirt Guy, where I first heard about RibbedTee several years ago.